Toy trains you can ride!
Summary information about our track:
· Gauges: 7 1/4" (185mm) and 5" (125mm) mainly separate.
· Construction: rectangular steel bar on a continuous concrete bed, except for bridges and our mangrove swamp trestle.
· Run length: several loops, the standard run is about 1km.
· Motive Power: Some engines are powered by steam, others may be driven by battery powered electric motors or small internal combustion engines. Most locomotives are owned by our members, and were built by their owners or by other amateurs.
· Visiting engines: Members of other clubs are welcome to visit our track. All AALS safety rules apply.
· Loading facilities: Low bank for loading from trailers (dual gauge); two elevating traversers for loading from anything (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only); two turntables (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only).
· Public running: First Saturday.
· Work days: other Saturdays, some Thursdays.
· Club meetings: Third Saturday lunch time.
· Private runs: Social clubs, school and charity groups and private parties may arrange special running days. Also it is possible to book tables for private parties on ordinary running days. Please ask at the ticket table on any running day or refer to the contact information lower on this page.